General Description: A Claims Manager is part of a team of professionals who manage, serve and advise clients regarding claims. The Claims Manager assists clients by responding to their claim needs in a timely and efficient manner. He/She communicates with owners, insureds and carriers to ensure excellent customer service through proactive, frequent and courteous customer interactions, while supporting the team to ensure highest possible client satisfaction.
- WI Property & Casualty insurance license required.
- Relationship driven, effective communicator with outstanding customer service oriented skills. A professional demeanor must be maintained at all times along with superior ethical standards. The ability to work well with many types of people, external and internal, with a friendly, outgoing and helpful commerciality.
- The ability and willingness to solve problems. Proactively initiate and follow through with multiple projects, with frequently changing priorities in a fast‐paced environment.
- Results driven, self-directed, detail-oriented and adaptive with ability to efficiently produce quality work output.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, higher education including but not limited to professional designations are encouraged. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is helpful.
Claim Duties include:
- Interact professionally and positively with clients while acting as the first point of contact for incoming claim calls/walk-ins/emails in a timely and efficient manner. Comply with claim workflow guidelines.
- Assist clients by gathering loss information and consulting clients with the claims process. Responsible for claims administration which includes preparing and processing claims, obtaining related claim paperwork, and working with adjustors to obtain settlements.
- Accurately document ALL customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries and comments as well as actions taken in the management software. Electronically file and maintain organization of client claims and communication records in the management software. Maintain account files, checking and updating account information.
- Verify/complete internal reports as detailed in the claims workflow guidelines.
- Update procedures manual for claims department as needed.
- Provide quarterly scheduled claim processing training to the team.
- Provide support to other members of team, as needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in education opportunities.
- Perform other functions as directed by management.
- Adhere to guidelines in the employee handbook
- Maintain a clean, professional work area.
Work Status: Full time
Reports to: Operations Manager
Marshfield Insurance Agency provides a drug free/smoke free environment, and is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.