General Description: A Life and Health Customer Service Agent is part of a team of professionals who manage, serve and advise clients regarding business insurance offerings. CSAs assist clients by responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner. They communicate with owners, insureds and carriers to ensure excellent customer service through proactive, frequent and courteous customer interactions while supporting the Life & Health team.
- • Interact professionally and positively with clients while acting as the first point of contact for incoming client calls/walk-ins/emails regarding billing, coverage questions and policy changes in an efficient manner in compliance with workflow guidelines.
- • Assist clients and document claim reports, forward to company, and update customers on claim status in absence of claim agent.
- • Accurately document ALL customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries and comments as well as actions taken in the agency’s management system. Electronically file and maintain organization of client documentation and communication records in the agency management system. Maintain account files, verifying and updating account information.
- • Prepare and process new business and renewals by gathering updated information from clients, reviewing claim activity, recommending coverages and rating policies. Work with producers and underwriters to obtain quotes, negotiate programs, rates and determine appropriate carriers for clients on existing and new business.
- • Responsible for policy administration, processing rewrites, endorsements, cancellations, and any other miscellaneous changes.
- • Verify/complete internal reports as detailed in the workflow guidelines.
- • Cross sale of new or additional services or products.
- • Provide support to other members of team, as needed.
- • Maintain WI Life & Health insurance license and any necessary credentials.
- • Update job knowledge by participating in education opportunities.
- • Perform other functions as directed by management.
- • Adhere to guidelines in the employee handbook
- • Maintain a clean, professional work area.
Work Status: Full time
Reporting: Operations Manager