General Description: A Producer manages, serves and advises clients regarding insurance offerings. The Producer sells new accounts and renews existing accounts in alignment with agency and individual goals, while building relationships with clients.
- Identify and solicit sales prospects from various sources provided by agency, cold calls, mailings and phone calls.
- Solicit referrals from existing agency accounts.
- Develops information and recommendations for prospective accounts, presents sales proposals, and adheres to agency policies and procedures for writing a new account.
- Assist in resolving any situations for accounts produced.
- Document prospect/client interactions (phone calls, emails, in person visits) within the management system using activities with appropriate codes.
- Attach documents, etc. to the management system.
- Update opportunities and/or activities in a timely manner.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Customer Service Agents. Ongoing communication with the CSA’s for new business, renewals, and client concerns.
- Encourage and support a positive relationship between clients and servicing personnel.
- Coordinate and present timely presentations for both new and renewal business.
- Assist in marketing accounts where appropriate due to relationships or product expertise.
- Coordinate with Customer Service Agent for service of existing accounts.
- Achieve a balance in production to meet agency goals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of client information in the system.
- Maintain necessary licenses and continuing education required for license renewal.
- Attend classes, seminars, and courses to increase knowledge and skill.
Expected to meet the monthly new business through a variety of sources: cold calls, referrals, niche marketing, etc. Must acquire all necessary information for a quality new business submission, using the Fact-Finding sheets
- Enough information to complete application, loss runs or letter, questionnaires, photos, diagrams, grading of risk, etc.
- Be available for communication with new business department, underwriter, loss control, etc.
- Present the proposal in a professional manner.
- Make the sale and pick-up necessary deposit and arrange for binders, certificates, etc.
- Arrange for delivery of the policy when received from company.
- Cooperate in obtaining updates for shopping the account
- Assist in submissions (letters, calls, etc.)
- Presentation of renewal if necessary, in a professional manner.
- Collect any monies, as required.
- Arrange for delivery of policy when received from company.
- Maintain knowledge of underwriting criteria for carriers represented by agency.
- Select markets and coordinate with service assistant in submission of risk to various markets.
- Maintain a working relationship with underwriters enabling producer to negotiate as required for placement of risks.
- Producers are expected to arrange for payment of premium in a competent manner utilizing company financing, outside financing, installments, etc.
- Producers will assist in collecting earned premiums, audit premiums, etc. when called upon. Any uncollected premiums are the responsibility of the producer.
Image and Behavior:
- Producers are to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times both inside as well as outside the office. The agency wants a teamwork atmosphere inside the office with everyone treated with respect.
- Dress or attire should be fitting that of an insurance professional with flexibility given for type of appointments.
- Ensure Outlook calendar is up to date. (The Agency looks professional knowing where you are and in case of an emergency, we can contact you.)
Work Status: Full time