Even though love is in the air, accidents can still happen. Find out how purchasing wedding insurance helps you to eliminate wedding day worries!
Plan Ahead for Peace of Mind
Though you may not want to think that disaster could strike on your wedding day, there is always a chance of a mishap or two. From a sudden vendor cancellation or damage to your treasured white gown, wedding insurance can protect against unforeseen problems, while also giving loving couples peace of mind.
In addition to purchasing a wedding insurance policy, remember these precautions to avoid a wedding-day mishap:
- Do extensive research on the vendors you select.
- Keep your deposits small, as most are non-refundable. By limiting your deposit amounts, you will protect against a large loss if you need to reschedule or cancel your wedding.
- Use a credit card versus a personal check to pay for services, as it is easier to dispute charges when using a credit card.
What Does a Typical Wedding Insurance Policy Cover?
Wedding insurance protects an engaged couple’s investment in the event of circumstances out of their control and provides reimbursement for incurred expenses.
- Venue – Policy covers the costs of unavoidable cancellation and if the venue is in an unusable condition due to fire, an electrical outage or has closed. Some policies will also cover the rehearsal dinner site as well.
- Weather – If weather conditions prevent the bride, groom or relative(s) whose presence is essential to the wedding or a majority of the guests from arriving to the wedding site; policy covers the cost of rescheduling the event, including all details, such as flowers, food, etc.
- Attire – Policy pays to repair/replace special attire if they are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Military or Job Transfer – Policy covers the postponement of the wedding due to the bride or groom being called into military duty or forced to make a last-minute job transfer.
Examples of Damages Covered Under a Typical Policy
- A limo driver does not show up on the day of the wedding, forcing the couple to hire a different company in a crunch for double the price.
- The bride’s custom-made veil is lost in the airport so she must purchase a new one the day before the wedding.
- The reception hall goes out of business a month before the wedding, causing the couple to lose their deposit and book a new venue last-minute.
Additional Coverage Options
- Photography – Covers the cost of retaking photographs if the photographer fails to show up or if image negatives are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Videographer – Policy pays to have a video montage created, video compilation of photographs or retaking the video using restaging techniques if the video is damaged.
- Gifts – Policy pays for the cost of repairing or replacing non-monetary gifts that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Personal Liability – Policy covers bodily injury or property damage caused by accidents that occur during the wedding.
- Honeymoon – Certain policies include optional travel insurance for the honeymoon.
Contact Marshfield Insurance Agency at 715.387.4443 to learn more about how this coverage can help you to eliminate one less wedding day worry!
Disclaimer: This information is provided for informational purposes only. The information provided herein is not intended to be exhaustive, nor should it be construed as advice regarding coverage. Eligibility for coverage is not guaranteed and all coverages are limited to the terms and conditions contained in the applicable policy. © 2008-2009, 2016 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.