General Description: The Accounting /Assistant Manager oversees the accounting department for the agency. This includes supervision and assisting of a staff performing accounting functions.
- Cash Flow Management :
Keep track of balances in all bank accounts.
Transfer money between these accounts as necessary.
Verify and pay all company, producer and vendor payables.
Review cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Prepare monthly corporate financial statements: Includes production of Balance Sheet and Income Statement, bank reconciliations, journal entries, and review and reconcile all general ledger accounts, with particular emphasis on producer payables and company payables.
- Assist Chief Operating Officer / Financial Officer in the preparation and presentation of the Monthly Financial and Operational Review meetings.
- Preparation of payroll tax reports for hourly, salaried and commissioned staff
- Prepare, distribute and oversee Aged Receivables.
- Audit special accounts. (i.e. direct bill, petty cash, workers compensation, depreciation, and agency and direct bill transactions).
- Prepare journal entries on customer accounts as requested by CSA’s.
- Invoicing and tracking of direct and agency bill.
- Assist CSA’s with invoicing problems.
- Monthly Reconciliation of Company Statements
- Monthly Reconciliation of Producer Commissions
- Year-end prep for external accountant
- Assist with next year’s budget.
- Manage Personal Lines and Commercial Lines download process.
- Immediately report all malfunctions of Software to the Systems Manager.
- Work with associates and the Systems Manager to develop enhancement requests which will be forwarded to Applied Systems for the purpose of enhancing The Agency Manager so that agency workflow might be improved.
- Develop and monitor standards, procedures and guidelines for effective processing of all the lines of business. Establish goals and objectives for each area based on the owners directive. Document processes and review efficiencies as needed. Work with departments to ensure agency efficiency through continuous process improvement efforts and effective utilization of systems.
- Act as the back-up to the Operations Manager when he/she is unavailable.
- Attend and participate bi-weekly department meetings.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of the computer system and its functions. Keep current with all changes and upgrades in agency automation system and third party software used. Monitor and evaluate use of computer by agency personnel. Make recommendations on equipment purchases and/or problems
- Attend classes, seminars, and courses to increase knowledge and skill.
Work Status: Full time
Reporting: Agency Owners
Marshfield Insurance Agency provides a drug free/smoke free environment, and is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.