General Description: The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Payroll Processing – Calculation of all employee hours, deductions, and changes. Bi-weekly instructions to Payroll Administration. Coordinate 401K enrollment/changes.
- Management of time clock program/software. Oversee employees’ hours. Approval and scheduling of PTO for all employees.
- New employee onboarding – Payroll and other forms, benefit enrollment, hardware and system setup, pre-licensing process, and company appointments.
- Company onboarding – Paperwork / agent appointments and website / login administration.
- Maintain and update agent appointments with companies.
- Conduct employee annual performance reviews with input from Owners, Managers, and Producers. Monitor employee handbook. Maintain employee incentive programs as defined by the Owners. Assist handling staff disciplinary measures, including taking action on termination matters (after briefing the agency principals) when necessary. Maintain employee files.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of the computer systems and their functions including the agency management system, comparative rating systems, marketing systems and the like as a backup to the Operations and Service Manager.
- Obtain & maintain property & casualty insurance license for purposes of industry expertise and application.
- Maintain and update job descriptions, business cards, and job titles due to reclassification or other reassignment. Responsible for announcements of such changes within the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Status: Full time
Reporting: Agency Owners
Marshfield Insurance Agency provides a drug free/smoke free environment, and is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.