General Description: The Operations Manager works with and supports the agency principals to assist defining priorities, implementing strategies, and handling and communicating operation decisions in the agency to ensure the development and maintenance of a profitable organization. The Operations & Service Manager is responsible for the productivity, quality, and personnel development of the reception area, claims department, personal lines customer service agents, commercial lines customer service agents & agency management systems. The Operations Manager leads the continuous evaluation and development of policies and procedures and is also responsible for the administration of these policies and procedures.
- Develop and monitor standards, procedures and guidelines for effective processing of all the lines of business. Establish goals and objectives for each area based on the owners directive. Document processes and review efficiencies as needed. Work with departments to ensure agency efficiency through continuous process improvement efforts and effective utilization of systems.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of the computer system and its functions. including the agency management system, comparative rating systems, marketing systems and the like. Keep current with all changes and upgrades in agency automation system and third-party software used. Monitor and evaluate use of computer systems by agency personnel. Make recommendations on equipment purchases and/or problems. Troubleshoot system issues.
- Monitor daily downloads via agency management systems and similar responsibilities.
- Add and amend company information within the management system.
- Monitor cancellation & transactions within agency management system.
- Maintain and update agency resident and non-resident licenses.
- Oversee completion of any company audits.
- Update and distribute monthly production reports to agency principals. Process other reports as requested.
- Assist in coordinating training for CSAs and support staff.
- Attend and participate department meetings.
- Attend classes, seminars, and courses to increase knowledge and skill.
- Maintain property & casualty insurance license for purposes of industry expertise and application.
- Backup for CL CSA, Front Desk, Accounting and Human Resources.
- Monitor renewal checklists to clients and similar correspondence.
- Phone system management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Status: Full time
Reporting: Agency Owners
Marshfield Insurance Agency provides a drug free/smoke free environment, and is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.