General Description: The Administrative Assistant is part of a team of professionals who manage, serve, and advise clients regarding insurance offerings. The Administrative Assistant’s major role is to greet and welcome customers and other visitors in a pleasant and professional manner, either in person or on the phone. The Administrative Assistant notifies the appropriate agency personnel and directs clients as needed. The Administrative Assistant also has a variety of accounting and customer data entry duties.
What we’re good at
We are one of the top independent insurance agencies in the area. We’re proud to have built a reputation on integrity and first-class service among our clients, partners, and the communities that we serve. We’re on a mission to build long lasting relationships with our clients, have a positive societal impact through our work, and build an inclusive culture where all people can thrive and do their best work.
Teamwork, personal excellence, and growth matters to us, and we know it matters to you, too! When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to continue learning, develop new skills, and grow personally and professionally. We celebrate achievement and reward our employees for their great ideas, attitude, and teamwork.
When you join us, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Work-life balance and employee well-being
- A supportive, diverse, people-first culture and mindset
- A voice at the table to create constructive change and work on purposeful products
- Time dedicated to professional development
What you’re good at
You’re a relationship driven, effective communicator with outstanding customer service oriented skills. You’re organized and know the art of building relationships with teammates, clients and vendors. This role acts as the first point of contact with client walk-ins and calls and performs a wide range of duties within the agency. Using your impeccable communication skills and work ethic, you will apply critical thinking skills, work independently and anticipate agency needs and client questions.
When you join us, we expect you to:
- Cultivate strong relationships with – and serve as the main point of contact for our clients, companies and vendors.
- Respond to clients, insurance companies, and staff correspondences and requests in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Accept and apply client payments accurately.
- Execute accurate deposit and/or invoicing and financing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and manage incoming mail and various reports.
What you’ll bring to our team:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills and aptitude for learning new technology
- Positive attitude, good listening skills and empathy
- Highly-organized and strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines
- Works with integrity and a high-level of confidentiality
Work Status: Full time
Reporting: Operations Manager