General Description: The Administrative Assistant is part of a team of professionals who manage, serve, and advise clients regarding insurance offerings. The Administrative Assistant’s major role is to greet and welcome customers and other visitors in a pleasant and professional manner, either in person or on the phone. The Administrative Assistant notifies the appropriate agency personnel and directs clients as needed. The Administrative Assistant also has a variety of accounting and customer data entry duties.
- Relationship driven, effective communicator with outstanding customer service oriented skills. A professional demeanor must be maintained at all times along with superior ethical standards. The ability to work well with many types of people, external and internal, with a friendly, outgoing and helpful personality.
- The ability and willingness to solve problems. Proactively initiate and follow through with multiple projects, with frequently changing priorities in a fast‐paced environment.
- Results driven, self-directed, detail-oriented and adaptive with ability to efficiently produce quality work output.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, higher education including but not limited to professional designations are encouraged. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is helpful.
- Willing to obtain P&C WI Insurance Agent License after hire.
- Interact professionally and positively with clients while representing the agency as the first point of contact with client walk-ins or calls. Notify appropriate agency personnel and direct clients as needed.
- Accept and apply client payments and document within the management system.
- Distribute correspondence (mail/email/faxes/etc) received throughout the business day.
- Process daily deposits and balance the daily ledger.
- Process personal lines activity (new business, renewals, endorsements) within the agency management system. File and maintain organization of client documentation. Policy related concerns entered in to management system within 24hrs. Process transaction if necessary.
- Update procedures manual for reception area as needed.
- Provide support to other members of team, as needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in education opportunities.
- Perform other functions as directed by management.
- Adhere to guidelines in the employee handbook
- Maintain a clean, professional reception area.
Work Status: Full time
Reporting: Operations Manager