Marshfield Insurance President and CEO Nick Arnoldy is in Washington DC representing the Independent Insurance Agents of Wisconsin (IIAW).
As Board President for the IIAW, Arnoldy is speaking with legislatures on Capitol Hill about important issues impacting the insurance industry.
“It’s a great opportunity to touch base with our elected officials and educate them further on some of the issues in this industry,” he said. “We live and breathe insurance, so our passion is to keep improving the industry in order to better serve everyone.”
Topics this year include:
- Ensuring State implementation of Federal Data Privacy Standards
- Maintaining small business tax fairness and incentive mitigation through tax credits
- Extending and reforming the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Opposing the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Non-Compete Proposal
- Protecting the Federal Crop Insurance Program (FCIP)
“We’re going to get to have those discussions and it’s important to have Central and rural Wisconsin represented,” said Arnoldy. “For myself, this is also a great learning opportunity. I’m a strong believer that the more learning you do on your own craft, the sharper and better the agent and agency is.”